Cello Button and Neck Repair

This cello neck got a knock and the button was ripped out still attached to the neck.

I removed the neck, re-glued the button and fitted a patch after removing the top block.

I replaced the ebony crown and improved on the retouch of the heel and top ribs as it was too dark and red compared to the rest of the instrument.

The little cut out in the block enabled me to clamp it against the back and check the overhang to the front at the same time.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s